No matter how much you try living a healthy life by eating the right foods, working out regularly, and avoiding risks that can affect your health – you can never be sure that nothing will go wrong in the future. Even if you don’t have a family history of serious illnesses, it isn’t a guarantee that you won’t end up in a battle line for an ailment. Knowing that you have a private health care insurance that covers you with prompt access to medical treatments when necessary, will give you a peace of mind.
You might have heard from a family member, seen on the television, or come across the web – the various benefits that a private health care insurance can provide, but have you gotten one for yourself? Health insurance is a vital part of everyone’s life. Not only will it cover your financial assets, but will also promote wellness and well-being.
A private health care insurance provides access to private healthcare, which renders significant beneficial factors in terms of time, quality of care, convenience, and comfort.
What are the benefits of a private medical insurance?
· No Queues: A faster appointment is probably the greatest advantage that a private health insurance patient can get. There’s no need to rush and endure long-waiting lists, in regards to certain treatments and medications.
· Choice: Most health insurance policies offer great privileges – such as access to some of the country’s leading health consultants, the best hospitals available, as well as en-suite facilities and better food options.
· Continuity of Care: With a private health insurance, you have the opportunity to see your chosen consultant whenever you go for an appointment or for a treatment.
· More Personal Care: A private health clinic or hospital can always give you a little extra service, which can add to your well-being. It’s equipped with more staff – providing you with the utmost care, excellent service, and a high degree of comfort.
· Privacy and Comfort: You don’t have to worry about being on a mixed-sex ward or with other patients when availing a private medical insurance. You can have the private room of your choice, as well as unrestricted visiting hours. If cleanliness and a higher level of privacy are what you need, you’ll also get them throughout your stay.
What treatments are available?
Three different types of treatment are available in a private health insurance:
· Out-Patient Treatment: This normally takes place in an out-patient department where a patient receives a referral from a general practitioner, as well as advised on which specialist or hospital he/she should go to before being hospitalized.
· In-Patient Treatment: This requires admission to a hospital for one or more days, depending on the patient’s condition.
· Day Patient Treatment: In this type of treatment, a patient needs prolonged treatment, but doesn’t have to be in the hospital overnight. He/she could spend a couple of hours or the whole day to recover from a diagnostic or series of tests.
You don’t have to be wealthy just to have the best private health insurance as many insurance companies provide a range of policies to suit all budget types. Choose the type of health coverage that accommodates your lifestyle, as well as your budget!